Saturday 9 June 2012

The Debate.


Monsoon just started here... And although this is my most fav part of the year, my mind is clouded with a different debate.
Situation: I am supposed to join my office on 1st of July. And now I am feeling very uncomfortable about it.
Debate: Whether to join my office or to join it later (After 2-3 months)
Let me list out the pros and cons of joining it later.
Pros:
·         My DD is small, and she still needs nursing. (6 months recommended by doc)

·         We will be shifting to our new home in next month, and my leave will help me settle down to the new place.
·         I am going to miss her a lot ( even thinking abt this now is making me nervous)

·         I can enjoy Mansoon much more at home than sitting in my office .
Cons:
·         Till 1st july  it will be 7 months leave, as I have taken my maternity leave 2 months before due date. My official leave is of only 84 days, so will it be ok to ask them more?

·         Even if I took more leave it will be unpaid. We have just purchased a house, so big loan big EMI. So it will be a very tight financial situation.

·         Will it affect my future career??

I did discuss this with my hubby, friends and relatives (yes off course, I googled it too.)

I know putting you to sleep is toughest job in the world,
 but my heart aches to leave you alone.
And majority went with my leave extension.


But the debate is still on in my mind and I got to figure it out.... hoping for the best J

No comments:

Post a Comment