Friday 17 August 2012

Second hand..........



As my baby is growing at an alarming rate, I thought buying her a stroller will add up an adventure for her. Now little did I know how days have changed and we live in 2012 era where everything and I mean everything including that tini tiny strollers cost up a fortune. I spend days and days on internet to find a good looking, sturdy and in budget stroller for my child but in vain, I could not finalize a single one.

So what can a helpless mother do, I  simply went for a second hand stroller... Yes off course this decision was tried to be oppressed by my family members (this did not include my husband, he actually did not care) but I stayed firm and got it any ways.

To keep my guilt down, I now have to produce the following clarifications...

I got the stroller like I wanted in 1/4th price.

The thing will be used for only a year...so why waste money

The baby doesn’t care if her stroller is new or a second hand.
Her smile says it all...


So what say, dose stroller from resale makes me a bad mother? Hmm I don’t know about that, but we are enjoying our evening strolls without doubt!

4 comments:

  1. I think buying things secondhand is far smarter...you are not a bad mother for making smart choices!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For my family members (aka my parents) buying something second hand for my baby may be practically a smart choice but emotionally it is somehow unfair according to them. But now that I have purchased the second hand stroller and baby is enjoying her rides with her grandfather (my dad), no one seems to mind it so I guess getting it was not a bad idea after all.
      I am so glad that you stop by and commented on this post it means a lot, thankyou!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for dropping by my blog and for the kind words.

    Your baby is such a CUTE bundle of joy :)) Love the toothless smile. I think you did the right thing by setting up priorities and sticking to them. Its an important tool in motherhood. If the second hand feel is bothering you even remotely, personalize it by adding your own (handmade even) crib sheets or pink rattles or teethers hanging here and there. It is her joy that counts, not the money it takes for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Idea of personalizing is really good one...thanks! I guess I can work out some thing and give my personal touch to the stroller.Thanks for your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete